You have expressed an interest in helping out. Doing a good dead, lending a hand. This could be a five minute thing - getting a restaurant gift card for a homeless person. This could be a twenty five year thing - getting involved in a charity. All of it will be hard.
- It will take time from your life, precious and irretrievable.
- It will take money from your wallet, potentially more than you think you can spare.
- You will cry. It will surprise you how much you will cry.
- It might seem easy, but it will not be.
- You will be astonished with the number of obstacles in your way when you try to just do something nice.
- There might be a time that you can't enter a conversation, a building or a gathering without seeing opportuinty to help others.
- You will cry. It will stop surprising you, this crying.
- There will be astonishment in your voice when you speak to someone who doesn't know about your charity.
- Everything from your clothes to your food will become fodder to help others.
- Your phone will ring at 2 am with requests, and very well might become a regular occurrence.
- You will cry. You will accept this; it's part of who you become.
In other words, it's the best thing you can do. Go, change your heart.